Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Mother's 60th Birthday

I've been up to a lot in the past few months, so it may take a couple posts to get all caught up.
Everyone's been asking about photos from my Mother's 60th Birthday...and now I finally have them all!
We celebrated at the historic Ice House Phoenix! The venue space was so special and unique.
We strung bistro lights, and scattered mason jars with votives all over the place. We had a local food truck, Short Leash Hot Dogs, serve up their delicious creations, while I offered some homemade side dishes. There was a "Photo Booth" station, complete with a variety of fun props. We played music, had lots of ice cold drinks, dozens of cupcakes, and about 70 of our closest friends.
The night was perfect, and my Mother was overwhelmed with happiness and love for everything and everyone around her.
Check out some of my favorite photos from the night!
The Postcard Invitation
The Birthday Girl, Mary. So beautiful!



I used glass paint to make the colored mason jars, and used large mason jars with twine tied around the rim for the flower arrangements. I had a local flower shop, Camelback Flower Shop, put together the arrangements.

I made some simple pendant banners to hang around inside the venue space.

I collected photos of my Mom through the years and fastened them to a line of twine with clothespins. They were on the main wall inside for everyone to peruse during the party.

I made Pesto Pasta Salad with Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Mozzarella, Fruit Salad, & Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese.
I made those "Happy Birthday" votives with mason jars, removable vinyl letters, & spray paint. They looked so cool! I was really happy with how they turned out.

I made 4 types of cupcakes: Vanilla w/ Cream Cheese Frosting, Vanilla w/ Chocolate Frosting, Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Lemon Meringue. I even took Brown Kraft boxes and labeled them with the image from the invitation, and stacked them on the table for people to take cupcakes home.


I love this photo of Mom

Family Shot from the "Photo Booth"

And a Crazy one.

Mom & Dad

So cute!

Moira, Meg, & Little Denver

Mom and the girls. Love this photo too!

Megan, Dan, & Denver

The Tidds

Megan and her girl friends

Me & Cass

Me & Jibi

Me, Cass, & Jibi


Being our usual selves.

Moira & Bethany

So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment